FMT Blades introduces the concept of movement therapy and performance enhancement via Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilization (IASTM). The tools may be hard-edged, but the techniques don’t need to be aggressive to deliver superior patient outcomes.The FMT Blades certification will review screening dysfunctional movement patterns and utilizing soft tissue tools to improve patient outcomes. The anatomy, physiology and neurology of myofascial soft tissue work is covered. IASTM intervention strategies will also be combined with kinesiology taping and corrective exercise techniques to deliver a comprehensive approach to patient care. workshop, hands-on environment.
Education Objectives of FMT BLADES:
1. Understand and integrate the myofascial sequencing model
2. Define and discuss the neuroanatomy of the fascial subsystem
3. Identify and demonstrate movement screening techniques to
identify faulty movement patterns
4. Recognize and describe the theory and science of IASTM within
5. Practice, demonstrate and integrate assisted fascial tooling
with functional kinesiology taping to change body-relative movement quality.
6. Understand and demonstrate the ability to provide dry fascial gliding
to promote improved ROM.