FMT Blades is an 8Hr IASTM certification led by industry leading experts in movement assessment and therapy AND you get to keep the tools you use in the class. FMT Blades introduces the concept of movement therapy and performance enhancement via Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilization (IASTM). The tools may be hard-edged, but the techniques don’t need to be aggressive to deliver superior patient outcomes.
The FMT Blades certification will review screening dysfunctional movement patterns and utilizing soft tissue tools to improve patient treatment. The anatomy, physiology and MOST IMPORTANTLY the neurology of myofascial soft tissue work is covered, along with supporting research. IASTM intervention strategies will also be combined with kinesiology taping and corrective exercise techniques to deliver a comprehensive approach to patient care.
- The cost of this course includes RockBlades, 2 inch roll of Rocktape, scissors and digital course notes. You will be able to take these supplies home with you at the end of the course.
- You will be credentialed in FMT Blades, which is a commercially accredited certification.
- CEUs may be offered for DC, ATC, PT, LMTs, OTs and personal trainers - depending on location and class type.
Education Objectives of FMT BLADES:
1. Understand and integrate the myofascial sequencing model
2. Define and discuss the neuroanatomy of the fascial subsystem
3. Identify and demonstrate movement screening techniques to
identify faulty movement patterns
4. Recognize and describe the theory and science of IASTM within
5. Practice, demonstrate and integrate assisted fascial tooling
with functional kinesiology taping to change body-relative movement quality.
6. Understand and demonstrate the ability to provide dry fascial gliding
to promote improved ROM.