This private 5-hour course will focus on the shoulder, beginning with a review of the anatomy, kinesiology, and common pathologies, and then presenting assesment and treatment of the shoulder through a modern lens, discussing concepts such as fascial systems, regional interdependence, and neurolgical influences. Course attendees can expect to leave with a better understanding of each of the following:
- The anatomy, kinesiology, and common pathologies of the shoulder
- Why the cervical spine is the linchpin to movement
- The concept of regional interdependence as it relates to the shoulder
- Functional treatment strategies and exercise progressions for the shoulder
- Why the nervous system is king
As the incredible Ida Rolf would say, "Where you think it is, it ain't." We are not Mr. Potato Head, and looking at any single body part in isolation is a recipe for misdiagnosis and poor outcomes. So while the course will focus on the shoulder, the concepts discussed are applicable to, and involve the entire body and will be presented as such.